Monday, May 7, 2012

Nobodys perfect (not even close)

Don't worry I have no intention of giving you a play by play of every meal (if you really want to know I'll find somewhere else to put it. also pictures will be more common on my tumblr account.)  However Saturday bears an accounting.

The morning started out well I did 3 egg whites and 1 yolk with some yellow pepper, onion, and the rest of the mushrooms, seasoned with salt and garlic powder. Might not look fantastic but it tasted great.  Plus it carries all the great benefits of protein to build muscles, which I could use after spending 3 hrs in the gym on Thursday.  No this is not healthy.  I'm going to injure myself eventually but when I can't get to the gym for a while I tend to over do it.  I'm a work in progress what can I say. With that I've been having decaf peppermint tea with honey.  My understanding is that caffeine isn't good in general, however moderation can make it acceptable. 1-2 cups of coffee worth as a general rule.  I've given up soda (kinda) and never drank coffee to begin with so this one isn't that hard.  Any kind of mint is going to help digestion, among other things, and it's a great excuse to use honey, which has plenty of it's own benefits. keeping digestion moving is going to keep energy at the ready and keep you moving.

Keeping with the manageable amounts of protein theme lunch was light tuna on wheat with onion and lettuce. This is all accompanied by gallons and gallons of water.  No it's not necessary and I realize I'm over doing it but this at least this isn't going to leave me moaning on the floor at the back of a running treadmill.  It does however flush out your kidneys and keep you very uncomfortable and constantly running to the bathroom.  Just being honest.





But let's move on to the stuff you really want to hear about: my failures.  Yes it's a little early for that but thankfully it wasn't too horrifying.  Saturday was also my good friends bachelor party.  everyone was requested to bring a 6 pack of beer.  Well I don't drink so being the smart@$$ that I am I brought Stewart's root-beer among other flavors. My personal favorite is the orange creamsicle. Oh did I say that I gave up soda? Well one is okay right but that one wasn't cold so had to go for a second. Ah well, at least there aren't two 36" pizzas and 4 boxes of cheesy bread or something crazy like that..............




le sigh.  Yea well ya win some you lose some but on the up side my meal portions have been small enough that I couldn't have much before I was full. Could I have stuffed myself and expanded my stomach? Sure probably but why.  Honestly the joys of gluttony aren't as exciting as they were when Halloween was the ultimate holiday because you were going to rot your teeth and love it. Portion control is nice because it keeps your metabolism up if you eat a lot of small meals vs. a few large ones because your stomach thinks food could be coming at any time instead of just at designated meals.  Not trying to lose weight but keeping it steady while I bring down my body fat percentage is nice.

Hope I'm helping.  Does anyone want me to cover something specific?

/Actuator/


No comments:

Post a Comment