Sunday, May 6, 2012

Food to start



So I think I'm doing ok to get started but I'm a long way from where I want to be.  Friday night I went to the store and picked up a bunch of healthy looking things but I won't bother you with the shopping list.  The point is what was done with it. First thing was the standard default diet food. Salad. This one consisted of romaine lettuce, red and green pepper, baby bella mushrooms, red onion, and carrots.  This is where the purists say I ruined it with light Asian (aka ginger) dressing.  But like I said I am far from where I want to be and let's not dive into this all at once.

The thing to remember here is that I'm not doing this to loose weight I'm doing it to get healthy. We all know vegetables are good for you in general but do you ever stop to think of why? Just about every vegetable helps your digestion tract.  Let's not get into details but you all know what roughage does.  What you might not know is that many vegetables also help cleanse your liver. If you read my detox post you know that's one of the things I have been looking into.  You can find out more about liver cleansing foods here:
http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/liver-cleanse-foods/

But obviously we cant survive on this alone.  Next was the part I was worried about.  I don't do marinades to often and when I do it's normally for a stir-fry of some kind.  So I marinated the other half of what I had put in the salad with a pre-made teriyaki, put it on tinfoil and brought it out to the grill.  We had a little bit of chicken left over from another meal already cooked so I threw that in as well.  While that was cooking I boiled some wheat pasta. Just in case the vegetables didn't work out, I put a little olive oil on that helped the Parmesan and Romano cheese as well as the garlic powder stick. (I'd like to point out that garlic, wheat, and olive oil are also good for the liver, which I didn't know when I was making it)  Thankfully the gill worked just fine as well.  Gotta say I'm proud of the first meal on this road.


I'm out of time for tonight but I'll try and run through my Saturday for you tomorrow.  Not quite as inventive but equally delicious.

/Actuator/

No comments:

Post a Comment