Friday, May 4, 2012

Detox

So I’ve been working on getting in shape for a long time now going through the normal ups and downs of working out consistently and then slacking off and losing the results.  I’m on my up-tick again and hope to stick with it this time, or at least make it last longer.  My biggest goal is to see ab definition.  If I get that for a single day I think I’ll die happy.  I do a decent amount of crunchs: ball crunch, decline crunch, leg raises, and planks are my normals.  I’m about ready to move to weighted leg raises.

I know that it doesn’t matter how many you do.  You wont see definition without lowering your body fat percentage.  I’m working on it. According to a pinch test I’m down to 14% but I think they were being nice.  I want to get down to 10% but that is going to take a lot of effort.

Then I went to this free seminar on detox.  They explained how acid builds up in your system when your liver and lymphatic system can’t handle what you are putting in.  They also said that unless you are only eating all natural organic and living in the woods it’s bound to happen.  When the acid escapes it is called free radicals.  I had heard the term but didn’t know what it meant until now.  Those acids attach to you cells. Your fat cells in particular.  Then your body pushes water to those areas to keep the acid from damaging your cells. This water build- up is what causes or at least contributes to cellulite. (I’m not a doctor and I’m going from memory here)  The point being that in order to remove the water and acid you need to detox.

I bought in right up until they told me how much their product cost to complete my detox.  Sorry I don’t have a grand just laying around.  So after a lot of online research I fount there are many ways to detox that are cheaper and can get you similar effects as long as you combine it with healthy eating.  So I am going to try a wrap (not the kind you eat) that has alkaloids on it.  The theory is that the wrap will make you lose the water and then the alkaloids with remove the acids.  I know for a fact that the first part works because you can lose a couple inches wearing these things for an hour or so. But you can get similar effects from a steam room or other forms of dehydration.  Did I mention you are supposed to drink half your weight in water when your done?
So my question to you is what are your thoughts on detox.  Have you tried one? did it work? And is it going to get me that definition I so crave?

Hope I helped inform some people.  If your interested in hearing more about detox let me know.  I did quite a bit of research.

/Actuator/

No comments:

Post a Comment